Air Handler Cleaning and Restoration
in Alexandria VA, Annadale VA, Arlington VA, Fairfax, Falls Church VA, Reston, Sterling VA, and Surrounding Areas
Maintaining Your Indoor Air Environment
Air Handler Units are designed to improve the quality of air delivered through your HVAC system. Typical use results in typical wear and, eventually, they can develop water leaks and component and casing deterioration. When this occurs, their effectiveness is reduced. Any contamination resulting from the deterioration of the unit is circulated via the HVAC system.
When regular maintenance does not take place, the unit can become totally non-functional.
These units can be restored…but the first step is an accurate inspection from a certified technician to determine whether restoration or replacement is the most cost-effective solution. Our assessments include a detailed Condition Report for your review so that you can make a truly informed decision.
Quality Service, Regardless of Company Size
For nearly two decades, Air Cleaning Technologies has specialized in air handler restoration services. Our professionally trained technicians clean, sanitize and seal existing air handlers so they can continue to contribute to a clean, comfortable indoor air environment at your facility. Our entire staff has experience in working with both large institutions and small commercial facilities. We take the time necessary to conduct a comprehensive inspection and answer any questions you may have.
ACT also conducts before and after biological sampling to ensure that your air handling unit is properly and completely cleaned and sanitized.
While our certified technicians conduct whatever services necessary to properly restore your air handler unit, there are specific services that are typical of most air handling unit restorations, which include:
- ACT AHU survey with associated AHU condition report, including an analysis of the original AHU design, as well as the existing condition of the unit
- Evaluations of operating velocities, component locations and clearances, casing leakage and deflection and trap locations
- Surface sampling for biological growth
- Total interior cleaning of casings and components utilizing HEPA vacuums and EPA registered cleaners and sanitizers
- Removal and replacement of deteriorated metal casings, condensate pans, safing and components
- Fabrication and installation of stainless steel liners
- Fabrication and installation of seam welded and double wall insulated stainless steel condensate pans with double slope design to ensure proper condensate removal
- Concrete floor coating with Belzona 5811 immersion grade sealant
- Condensate pan repair and sealing with Belzona 5811 immersion grade sealant or Pan Crete pan treatment
- Installation of fire retardant Belzona 3211 top coat as required
- Condensate pan reconfiguration to comply with ASHRAE 62.1
- Encapsulation all exposed internal insulation
- Re-piping of condensate traps to ensure proper condensate removal from AHU
- Internal component replacement including coils, fans, filters, sound attenuators and dampers
- Post restoration surface sampling for biological growth
- Post report with pictures and summary of the work performed
As the Mid-Atlantic region’s leading provider of air handling unit restoration, ACT has established a legacy of successful work in commercial, health care, and federal government facilities. Our clients include:
- Aramark Health Care
- Mt. Sinai Hospital
- VA Hospital Center
- Sodexho Health Care
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Lockheed Martin
- Micron Corporation
- UPMC- Pittsburgh
Request A Quote
"*" indicates required fields